CBW cranes are designed for cargo and container handling and are distinguished through the following characteristics:
- Low height enabling improved visibility from the vessel's bridge.
- Low weight and centre of gravity for improved ship stability and increased cargo capacity.
- Wide rope field at the hook allowing for safe and stable cargo handling (anti-swing device).
- Jib arranged above operator's cabin, which provides unrestricted vision for the crane driver to deck and cargo hold.
- Maintenance free hydraulic luffing arms, chrome-nickel plated which reduce the operation and maintenance costs.
- Boom is firmly supported at all boom angles due to the double acting hydraulic rams.
- Short minimum radius enables cargo to be positioned immediately beside the crane.